Ohio County Schools Math4Life Profile

Ohio County Schools Math4Life Profile

Name: Scott Holt

Occupation: Vice President of Operations at Wheelhouse Creative, former Cameron High School Head Football Coach

I use mathematics every day. Here at Wheelhouse, I use math for many different facets of my job. I use it to project budgets, analyze costs and for profit analysis. On a project, we look at the hours of work, then the costs, and we make sure the client is getting the best rate, while we are within our budget. In graphic design we use mathematics so much. We have to take into account the size of an ad or the pixilation in the artwork. We look at demographics and the age group toward which our ads are targeted. We use math to ensure that our products get to the people that we want them to get to.

I was the head football coach for Cameron High School for five years where we posted a record of 29-1 in my last three seasons. Mathematics and technology are used so much more in football today. We use math and technology to extract data on opposing teams, and we used that data to determine opponent tendencies.

I’ve used math every of day of my life, and there’s no reason to believe that will ever change.

#Math4LifeWV

#TogetherWeAchieve

Scroll To Top