Longtime Wheeling Park High School administrator Adrienne Richards has been named as the school’s Associate Principal.

Richards was unanimously selected for the post during Monday’s regular meeting of the Ohio County Board of Education. She will take over the position on July 1. Richards will replace Meredith Dailer who was recently named as the school’s new principal.

“I’m excited to move into the associate principal position where I can continue to support the students, faculty and staff at Wheeling Park High School,” Richards said. “Wheeling Park is an amazing place to work and for students to learn. I love being part of the team and working with so many amazing people every day. I’d like to thank all of my current and former Patriot students and colleagues and my family for supporting me and teaching me how to be the leader that I am today. Many thanks.”

Richards has served as a Wheeling Park assistant principal since 2017. In that role, she was the director of the World Language, Health/PE and Special Education departments. From 2008-2017, she served as the chair of the Career/Technical Education Department. She was a Wheeling Park business teacher from 2003-2017.

Richards has served on the countywide level. She was an Ohio County Schools Teacher Induction Program director from 2012-2016 and ANCHOR site coordinator from 2009-2012. Ohio County Schools Superintendent Kimberly Miller said Richards is dedicated to Wheeling Park High School and its students.

“Ms. Richards’ work at Wheeling Park High School has been excellent,” Miller said. “She has proven her ability to be an effective leader in every role she’s taken on, and it’s exciting to see her take on another important position. Adrienne loves Wheeling Park and its students, and she is the perfect selection as the associate principal.”

Richards earned bachelor’s degrees in Business Education and Sports Management from Robert Morris University. She earned her master’s degree in Educational Leadership from West Virginia University. Richards is a National Board Certified teacher.

Scroll To Top